Tanzanian Safari

30 May 2006

Blogs in Countries with Limited Electricity and a Bad Internet Connection

Dear friends and family,

While the blog was definitely good news for awhile, the drought/electricity issue threw a cramp in my plans of staying more updated! :-) Let me see if I can catch you up on the highlights of recent days.

We held a 24-hour prayer night at HOPAC which I had the privilege of planning! It was awesome! For the first four hours (from 5-9 pm) we had worship in English and Swahili, enjoyed an hour-long prayer walk around the school, and prayed in different rooms for HOPAC, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and the world. Throughout the duration of the 4-hours we had around 50 people come. After the opening event, we had a number of people praying during every hour of the remaining 20 hours. God moved and the event ended up being a blessing to many!

On the weekend of May 19th-21st, my compoundmates and I headed off for a last hurrah together in Zanzibar. We stayed on the northwest side of the island where the water was so clear you could see the bottom 20+ feet down. We enjoyed this aspect of the trip by going on a sunset dhow cruise (the traditional African sailboats) and going snorkeling for a few hours! The weekend was a bit stressful at times, but God came through and we had the wonderful privilege of "going into the world and making disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" by baptizing Debbie and Laura in the Indian Ocean at sunset on the 20th. It was an amazing step of obedience, and God blessed us and them by allowing us to be a part of what He was doing.

We are now in the last few days of school, which is beginning to mean needing to pack and think about returning to the States. It's a strange thought and an even stranger feeling. I am very excited to see all of you, but quite sad to leave this place and the people who have become my family and friends while I have been over here. All this said, I intend to enjoy my last month here and enjoy our reuniting- all in due time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home