The Joys of Africa
The last few days have been filled with joys and... well, not so joyous things. I have been experiencing the excitement of school preparations, orientations, and inservices. I'm quite excited for the beginning of the school year which will arrive tomorrow! This week will probably a bit more relaxing than other weeks throughout the year since I'm going to allow some time for the primary teachers to get to know their students before I start going into the classrooms to observe the previously designated special needs students.
Other than school, I had the not so joyous opportunity to enjoy a day of being extremely sick- vomiting, stomach cramps, the whole works. My neighbor thought it may have been food poisoning as many people here have had the same symptoms and they have resulted from such. While being sick was definitely not an enjoyable experience, those 24 hours reminded me of how important it is to be continually praying for God to protect me from anything that would harm my body and to not take any day of good health as anything less than a blessing from the Lord. So, I ask you, dear friends, to join me in prayer for that good health that is so easy to lose and so precious to the ministry that the Lord has given me here.
After my day of sickness, I was blessed with a wonderful day at south beach with my fellow AIMers. It was a great day of relaxation, not to mention camel rides on the beach. My stomach was still a bit iffy, so I opted out of that, but it was definitely fun to watch some of the kids and other adults as they rode atop a lone camel walking along the shores of what you would imagine to be a Carribean beach that holiday makers and spring break enjoyers would flock to.
I've been trying to upload pictures and for this occasion, I have finally been successful! Now that I have figured out how to make it work, I'll try to add more for added visual appeal. For picture #1: Our AIM team enjoying the day in the sun!

1 Comments:
I LOVE THAT YOUR BLOG SOUNDS LIKE A DISSERTATION TOO. You are my favorite. I'm wracking my brains to devise some sort of transcontinental version of who's the ghost and holding you close to my heart as we travel. And by we, I mean you.
Post a Comment
<< Home