Time with Tricia: The Final Chapter of the London Saga
The end of my time in London was fabulous. I was able to stay with my friend Tricia and her family who live in a very multi-cultural part of London. Her house is surrounded by mosques, Hindu temples, and centres of Sikh worship. Believe it or not, there were points and places where we were the only Caucasians on the street. It was a new feeling to enter cross-cultural markets and stores and see fruits that I had never before seen or eaten, clothing that was far from our Western fashions, and hear more languages in one block than I had ever heard before.
In addition to the cross-cultural side of my time with Tricia, her mom actually found me tomato pickles- the one food that I have missed from the UK. I will now have a couple of jars to snack on throughout my year in Dar. On another food related note, we had the most wonderful, SPICY Indian take-out and the chance to try to make Mexican enchiladas for her family. All I have to say about that is it is much easier to do so with a bigger "Mexican section" at the grocery store! :-)
To tell you the truth, when it came time to leave, I had a bit of a hard time getting on the train to the airport. There was so much need right there in London; so much that could be done for the glory of God and with a passion for the lost. It seemed to be the bridge of the Western and Eastern worlds and I truly want to be right at the centre of it all. Maybe someday the Lord will let me go back to that place, but for now, may I simply encourage those that know Christ Jesus and His heart for every culture and people to pray for this place and the ministry of those that live there; to lift up to the Lord those that are British by heritage who have embraced the secular tolerance that has permeated much of their society and for those that come to England from non-Christian lands who have yet to know the love of Jesus.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home